Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What a X'mas dinner!


Little Beanie also joined us in the X'mas feasting!

Home-cured salmon with poached quail eggs and caviar 

Choco lava cake, absolutely YUMMZ!

Cheers to Chef Han for the very delicious X'mas dinner!

Wines for the night. These people sure can drink!
 For the past few years, Hub and I have been organizing charity Christmas dinners where we would provide the food and wine, and the guests would donate accordingly. We would then choose a charity organization to donate the pooled money that we had raised during the charity dinner.

This year, we will be donating to Lions Home for the Elders.

And I must say that this year, we had the best X'mas dinner ever!

First, we had the best fortune to have Chef Han, a promising up and coming chef, who is looking to open a restaurant next year, to prepare and cook for us. For the very first time, I wasn't slaving away in the kitchen and could actually sit down and enjoy the food and wine. ;)

Secondly, the food prepared by Chef Han was like a hundred times better than mine. It was RESTAURANT standard with restaurant presentation. We had 5 courses and everything was exquisite yet home-made by Chef Han. Even the cured salmon! It was the best "private kitchen" dinning experience ever.

Beanie had a lot of fun too, mingling with everyone and raising her water bottle to "cheers" with the guests. Very very cute!

All in all, it was a wonderful X'mas dinner. We can't wait to throw another one next year. However, by then Chef Han will most probably have opened his own restaurant, so I doubt he can be our guest chef anymore...

Nonetheless, it was a wonderful evening to have my hubba, Beanie and good friends with me on Christmas's eve. What a X'mas dinner, a perfect close to 2012!

3 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Yum! Looks delicious!! The dining room looks beautiful!

Blur Ting said...

A very meaningful Xmas too!

Petunia Lee said...

Beanie looks radiant! Aiyo... I wish I could wave a magic wand at my daughter and have her grow small.