Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day at Gardens by the Bay



After the Mother's day lunch with my brothers, Mother and Grandma, we thought that it would be a good idea to bring my grandma, mom and Beanie to Gardens by the Bay: Tulipmania to enjoy some air-con in the temperature-controlled dome and to admire some beautiful flowers and tulips.

Well, apparently the whole of Singapore thought so too.

Gardens by the bay was totally packed yesterday!

Geez, I saw more people than flowers and due to the crowd, the dome was rather stuffy. Hmmm, they should really consider installing some fans to create some artificial breeze.

Nonetheless, my grandma and mom totally enjoyed the trip. It hits me once again that old folks are generally really easy to please. I could tell that my grandma was really pleased that we took her out for lunch and the trip to Gardens by the Bay was the icing on the cake. She is 86 years old this year, but still very healthy and feisty. She could walk around the dome on her own (with the help of her trusted umbrella) and was very intrigued by the various species of plants and flowers that she has never seen before.

My mom, being the gardener and Mrs green-fingers, was totally excited and went around on a photo spree. Hmmm, that sets me thinking that I should plan a trip with her to Japan during Spring to either see the sakura or to Hokkaido during the Spring festival.

As for Beanie, she was rather co-operative. Thankfully she did not pluck or destroy any plants and seemed to understand when I told her that she wasn't allowed to pluck the flowers and could only touch them gently. *phew*

This is my 2nd Mother's Day with Beanie, and everyday, I am very thankful that I am blessed with a healthy, spirited, cute and sometimes-she-drives-me-crazy daughter.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!

1 comment:

Blur Ting said...

I heard the tulips weren't fully bloom that weekend. I went on Monday and they were just beginning to open. There were a lot less people on a Monday afternoon. I was there to replenish stock and decided to treat myself to a visit. I've been to Gardens by the Bay so many times but it was my first one in the flower dome. Well, it exceeded my expectations.