Money Matters…
There was a recent article in The Straits Times, featuring women and their secret saving nests, concealed from their husbands or boyfriends. So upon reading that article, my boyfriend asked me in jest, whether have I saved a million yet.
Ha… I wish!
Even my mother advises me that keeping a secret account is extremely important, especially so when I am married. To my mum, money equates to security. That makes sense, saving for a rainy day is essential since you will never know when one might get retrenched in this competitive market. Or when will an unfortunate accident/illness strike? *touch wood*
Although I do not understand why the saving account has to be a “secret”? In a relationship, shouldn’t couples be frank and true to each other? In my opinion, couples should look into their money matter together, as one. Money can easily make or break a relationship, so why complicate matters by keeping “unnecessary” secrets?
“What’s mine is mine and what’s his, is mine too”
Well, I don’t believe in that because I think everyone has the right to spend his/her hard-earned money. Of course, one should put some money aside for insurance and investing purposes. However, life is short, so enjoy the spending power while you can with responsibility.
Nonetheless, I do have my own motto:
“What’s mine is mine, what’s his, is his, but what’s ours, is mine!”
Well, somebody has to do the dirty work, isn’t it?
No comments:
Post a Comment