Failed choco pear cake
I started baking again... yay! The cake above looks good right? Unfortunately it didn't taste good. ;(
I had some friends over for dinner a few weeks back and I happened to have 2 very ripe, soft and juicy pears sitting in the fridge, so i thought of baking a chocolate pear pudding cake. I have done this cake twice before and both times turned out delicious.
However, this time round, I did not have some of the ingredients: self-raising flour, milk ... etc. But I had plain flour. Eh... no milk, but maybe I could put more eggs and melted butter instead?
I thought to myself: how bad could a chocolate cake be? And so I experimented.
Result: Epic fail. The cake did not rise, it was too oily (too much butter!) and dense.
My friends were too polite and nice to reject the cake and all of them ate their portions. I felt so bad to serve my guests a horrible cake. ;(
No more experimenting!
3 comments:
Did you use baking soda? I always fail at making cakes too, especially those that call for butter. You could have tried mixing baby milk powder with water!
Erm. No baking soda in the house... no milk powder too! Don't think my guests will be too thrilled if I use my breast milk. Wahaha...
They won't know if you don't say :-)
Post a Comment